Before beginning your graduate school application, review all UND and program-specific admission requirements.
Graduate School Admissions Requirements
- A four-year bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university (for U.S. degrees, accreditation by MSA, NWCCU, NCA, NEASC-CHE, SACS-CC, or WACS, Sr.) Exceptions to this policy must be approved by the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies. For bridge or combined or degree programs, refer to the admission requirements under each department.
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.75 for all undergraduate work (2.5 for M.Engr.) or a GPA of at least 3.00 for the junior and senior years of undergraduate work (based on A=4.00).
- Successful completion of graduate admissions test requirements. Review program-specific requirements and the for details about your program's test requirements.
- Demonstrate academic-level proficiency with the English language before they will
be considered for admission.This requirement must be met by all applicants, regardless of citizenship, residency,
or nation of birth. No applicants will be considered for approved admission status
until the English Language Proficiency Requirement has been met. The English Proficiency
Requirement will not be waived for any reason. This requirement may be satisfied in
any of the following ways:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognized institution where English is the primary language of instruction in the United States and US Territories, Australia, Canada (except Quebec), England, Ireland, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Scotland, Wales, Commonwealth Caribbean, and New Zealand.
- An overall band score on the IELTS of at least 6.0.
- A satisfactory score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). For the internet-based TOEFL (TOEFL iBT) an overall score of 76 is required.
- Successful completion of English Language Service (ELS) Language Center’s Intensive Level 112.
Program-Specific Requirements and Deadlines
Your graduate program may have additional admissions requirements and unique admissions deadlines. Review your program page for details.
Apply to UND
Are you ready to take the next step in your educational career? Review the Application Process and apply today.